Sunday, February 17, 2013

Restoration


I come to sit
            In the Sacred Circle.
In solitude
            I seek, I meditate,
I explore my Soul
            To eradicate
The structures within
            That seek to restrict
The path set before me.

In my mind’s eye I wander
Through the past
Of vast wastelands
To seek the old bones
That feel smooth to the touch,
Yet, are solid as stone.
Though bleached white with time,
They send shadowed reflection,
Like faint ripples that shimmer
To seem silver in sand.

I set to the task
            To gather together
Each piece important
            To the whole.
I lay them bare before me
            Building from the beginning
To complete the circle,
            To restore the old life
To regain the new.
            For in the continuing circle
There is no end.

3 comments:

Pat Garcia said...

Hi,

Reading your poem made me think of an old negro spiritual, Will the Circle Be Unbroken. I enjoyed reading your poem. It touched upon my own feelings and the emotional ups and downs i sometimes go through as i battle my way forward on my way.

Thank you.
Ciao,
Pat

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for your comment, Pat. I know the spiritual you speak of very well, and I am happy to hear that my words touched your life.

Thanks again,
Yvonne

Anonymous said...

I really like this, and closely identify with the sentiment...