Sunday, December 23, 2012

A Little Behind, But Moving Forward


I am a little behind in posting lately. Well, actually I am a little behind in everything. Even during this busy time of year, I am usually very organized, but this past pre-holiday week, a few things took precedence over focusing on the coming holiday.

I unexpectedly had to sink a few dollars into my car in order that it would pass inspection.  While I knew it needed work and budgeted to save the money for repairs, it cost a little more than I prepared to spend. It all worked out though.

The day following the car repair, I awoke to the news of the terrible mass murder that occurred at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut. This horrible incident stopped me up short causing me to spend much time in prayer, meditation, and deep thought for much of the past week. The entire 2nd Amendment issue has placed me in conflict between my logic and my belief system. However, I do not feel up to discussing it in this blog. It will have to wait for a later blog.  Anyway, that’s enough said for now.

My mom was very ill with a stomach virus this past week and still is not 100%. I spent the beginning of the week at her apartment helping her out as much as I could. By Friday, I didn’t feel so good either and I am staying close to home hoping I will feel well by Christmas day. As I make most of my gifts, I don’t have to worry about last minute shopping, but I still have to add some finishing touches to the gifts I am making.  I will take some pictures of these gifts to post here once I give them away. As a side note: I have to start taking ‘before’ and ‘after’ pictures of the items I refurbish from old into new instead of posting the finished creation. It will give you a better idea of what I do.

Another major distraction this week came in the form of a gift from a very good friend who I haven’t seen in a couple of years although we talk on the phone often.  I knew he was sending me something.  He told me it was not a Christmas present, but a thank you present for helping him out.  I was a little taken back when he told me this, as I didn’t expect anything.  Anyway, the package came on Thursday and I opened it to find a Kindle Fire! I am still in shock and thrilled to death! He could not have sent me anything better. I am used to buying things I need rather than the things I want and more than anything else, I have wanted a Kindle Fire since they first came out.  I cannot say “Thank you!” enough!

Today and tomorrow, I plan on wrapping presents and baking while I listen to Christmas music. I am spending Christmas day at my brother and sister-in-law’s house with my mom and my niece and nephews. Then in the evening, I will relax with a movie, probably Terry Pratchett’s “Hogfather.”

I wish you all a wonderful and peaceful holiday and many blessing for the coming year. Thanks so much for stopping by… ~Yvonne~

  

1 comment:

Robbie Cox said...

Tis the Season to be behind...that seems to be the theme for many, including myself. I am glad you were able to get the car repaired and your illness has passed. May you and yours have a wonderful Christmas.