Tuesday, January 01, 2013

It’s a New Year…

"Go out into the world and love the people you meet. Let your presence light new light in the people you meet." ~Mother Theresa~

Happy New Year and welcome to my New Year’s Day blog post.

As I step into a new year, I feel a sense of anticipation and excitement in facing the unknown.  Years ago, I gave up on making resolutions that I never could keep mostly because life’s adventures came along to prevent me from sticking to an unlikely schedule of exercise, or writing, or even the breaking of a habit.  Instead of resolutions, I prefer to set some realistic goals, and then let life take its course. I work towards my goals and if I am able to accomplish a few its good and even if I can only accomplish one or two, then that’s okay, too. If I hit a roadblock or two, I work around either try to work around them, or I set my goal aside and focus on whatever comes along. It is true that I get frustrated sometimes, but I continue to keep my original goal in mind and steam full ahead once the roadblock is past.

Last year, was a year of roadblocks for my goals of taking a couple of classes.  My car took over my finances and so prevented me from saving the money to take a class in Grant Writing and a Photography class.  Without a car, I had to focus on other activities that kept me close to home, such as writing and creating the “Ode to the Quilt” series. My writing adventures are not near complete, but I did come up with some great ideas and I accomplished more than I thought I would. I also started writing this blog last year and find that I really enjoy it. With blogging and through social networking, I met many interesting people from all over the world and hope to meet many more in the coming year.  People keep me thinking and inspire me with their postings, comments, blog posts, and their books. I can only hope that I do the same for others.

So, as I step into this new year of the unknown, my goals are simple: move forward with what I am doing and catch hold of whatever comes my way and in the process seek to inspire and encourage others that cross my path while graciously and thankfully accepting others inspiration and encouragement in turn. In other words, brighten the world with light wherever I can.

Thanks for stopping by. ~Yvonne~



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Gifts I loved your blog post.Really looking forward to read more.