Friday, October 05, 2012

Autumn Gathering

It's Friday, and I am looking forward to the weekend! Not that I plan on doing anything special, but on weekends the days are less regimented.

The weather is still fairly warm here and I haven't taken the air conditioner out yet, even though I haven't turned it on in about six weeks. I will get that done soon as I am sure the cold weather will visit us in a surprise burst of cold air. Also, I have to change my closet over from summery cool clothes to the heavier warm clothes of winter. This task usually takes an entire afternoon to complete, and I always end up with a bag of clothes to give away that I didn't wear at all over the last season.

I collected a few leaves and twigs this past week to use in some art projects that I will probably give away as Holiday presents. The leaves are not in full color as yet, but when they are, I plan on a gathering day woodland walk. I want to get some photographs of the landscape as well. 

There are still some flowers in bloom bloom in front of the house - mostly Black-eyed Susans, but there are a couple of Roses, too. I want to get out there and do a pre-winter weeding. I never tried to dry pressed flowers as I do leaves, but I think I am going to experiment with some of the flowers I have left. My heavy books are put to more use than just reading around this time of year. Sometimes I forget which books I used to press leaves and find them unexpectedly between the pages of some heavy reference book. That's always a welcome surprise.

Well, I am going to go and get started on the day ahead. Thanks for stopping by, and I wish you all a wonderful weekend. ~Yvonne~

4 comments:

Delora Dennis said...

Thank you for your lovely post. I, too, am enjoying the winding down of summer. I just got off the phone with the guy who's going to winterize my air conditioner. The great thing about this time of year, here, are the cool nights which are perfect for sleeping with the windows open.

I live in the desert and envy your selection of woodland leaves and flowers that you can keep to remind you of warmer days.

Delora Dennis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Thankyou for a advantageous post. I accept been commenting on others column as acceptable column etc. I anticipation it will be abrupt not to acclaim any acceptable post. But now I got the acumen that why not to animadversion like this. Acknowledgment for abacus to our knowledge.
Rinoplasti

Unknown said...

Your site is quite interesting and very well written. I like the way it is organized and presented. Very concise and articulate.
Kızlık zarı