Friday, October 05, 2012

Autumn Gathering

It's Friday, and I am looking forward to the weekend! Not that I plan on doing anything special, but on weekends the days are less regimented.

The weather is still fairly warm here and I haven't taken the air conditioner out yet, even though I haven't turned it on in about six weeks. I will get that done soon as I am sure the cold weather will visit us in a surprise burst of cold air. Also, I have to change my closet over from summery cool clothes to the heavier warm clothes of winter. This task usually takes an entire afternoon to complete, and I always end up with a bag of clothes to give away that I didn't wear at all over the last season.

I collected a few leaves and twigs this past week to use in some art projects that I will probably give away as Holiday presents. The leaves are not in full color as yet, but when they are, I plan on a gathering day woodland walk. I want to get some photographs of the landscape as well. 

There are still some flowers in bloom bloom in front of the house - mostly Black-eyed Susans, but there are a couple of Roses, too. I want to get out there and do a pre-winter weeding. I never tried to dry pressed flowers as I do leaves, but I think I am going to experiment with some of the flowers I have left. My heavy books are put to more use than just reading around this time of year. Sometimes I forget which books I used to press leaves and find them unexpectedly between the pages of some heavy reference book. That's always a welcome surprise.

Well, I am going to go and get started on the day ahead. Thanks for stopping by, and I wish you all a wonderful weekend. ~Yvonne~
Post a Comment