Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Resetting My Internal Clock

So far, this week is a strange week for me. My internal clock is way off kilter. Mondays are usually a dead day for me, but this past Monday turned out as very productive. I spent most of the day outside cleaning off the back porch and getting summer outdoor gear into the shed. I also cleaned out all the flower pots which was a big job as I have so many of them. I am hoping to paint and decorate some more clay pots over the winter months. I took a count and I have twenty-three that I can turn into decorative pots.  The rest, another seventeen, are plastic.

I also washed up all of the downstairs windows and checked the seals on the storm windows. They are in great shape, so no problems there. I still haven't removed the air conditioner, but I think I will need help with that as it would be just my luck to drop it out the window, or worse, injure my bum wrist. I was warned by two doctors that even with my wrist brace I should not lift too much weight. They both said no more than ten pounds with both hands, but I know that at times I exceed that limit.

Tuesday ended  up more like a usual Monday. I really didn't accomplish anything at all. My allergies were treating me very badly, which isn't surprising as the city where I live is rated 14 out of 20 as the worst cities for allergies in the country. I don't like to take allergy meds as they either make me sleepy or just plain lazy, but I took them yesterday and ended up watching videos all day. I guess that is not a bad thing, really. We all need to have those days occasionally.

I haven't done much writing lately. I am in a bit of a slump, but I have some ideas wandering around in my head, so when the slump subsides I know I will have plenty to write. It is not uncommon for the change of seasons to stop me in my tracks for a week or two. My sleeping patterns are off a bit, too. I am not sleepy until around 3 or 3:30 in the morning, yet I wake up between 8 and 8:30 wide awake and rested. It's kind of like my internal clock is preforming a reset, but I will be so very happy when all gets back to normal.

Thanks for stopping by... ~Yvonne~

No comments: