Monday, October 22, 2012

Monday 10/22/12: A Random Journal Entry


I should explain that I am a night person, and I say this in all seriousness.  I write best at night particularly between the hours of 10 pm and 2 am, so I generally don’t fall to sleep before 3 am. 

I woke to a group of sparrows having an early morning community meeting outside my window on top of the air conditioner.  It seems there was some disagreement as they were putting up a loud ruckus and knocking one another off their perch with high pitch chatter and much flutter of feathered wings.  Along with this, my neighbor across the road is having a house built where his old house stood.  Over the past week I finally grew accustom to the noise, and I could sleep through the sound of pounding and sawing, and trucks backing down the road.  However, this morning all the various power tools reached a new level of cacophony as for some reason they were all in use at the same time.  Needless to say, I did not get my usual 6 hours of sleep, more like 4-1/2.  I feel I could use a nap; however, that would throw my time clock way off course, as I won’t fall asleep until 5 or 6 o’clock tomorrow morning.  Miss Kitty is sleeping beside me as I write this and I must admit that I am a bit jealous. 

Like most Mondays, my productivity level is low.  I did accomplish a small amount of writing, but I kept on flitting from one project to another, so I set it aside.  Maybe this evening I will have better concentration.  Also, I sorted through my email inbox.  This took some time as I haven’t checked it in a couple of days and the count was well over the usual 50 mark.  It was more like 250.  I deleted the junk mail and responded to quite a few others that needed attention.  The others left are notifications of new blog entries written by fellow bloggers that I follow, so I think that the rest of the afternoon I will spend reading these. 

Later, I am going to watch the most recent episodes of “The Walking Dead” and “Grey’s Anatomy.”   These are two series that I anticipate watching on Monday evenings.   The first season of “Once Upon a Time” is now available as streaming on Netflix and I am really enjoying this series, too, but if I am to get any real, solid writing done, I won’t turn that on today.

Well, I guess it’s time to sign off for now.  Fare thee well until next time.  ~Yvonne~

No comments: