Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Keeper of Memories


I am the listener…
As the Elders tell their stories
Of their memories of yesteryear
As if it all happened yesterday.

I am the questioner…
That sparks recollections
Of days gone by
Of lives once lived.

I am the viewer…
Of worn photographs
Of the people and places
Now gone from this world.

I am the writer…
That transcribes the frail voices
Piecing fragments together
As their life’s stories unfold.

I am the keeper of the memories they’ve told

4 comments:

Poetic Thoughts By Cathriona said...

Hi Yvonne,

I am nominating you in my Liebster Blog Award. Check it out here: http://poeticthoughtsbycathriona-poetry.blogspot.com.es/search/label/The%20Liebster%20Blog%20Award#.UImNwm918rA

Gebelik said...

Very Informative blog and i became a great fan of this blog due to its impressive and informative data.
Gebelik

Rita Webb said...

Awesome poetry!

AA Bell said...

Love it! Quoting it on twitter @ThePoetTrees for you. Hugs.