Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Noticing My Absence


The door slams; I’m alone again
But this time it’s for good,
I feel relieved yet darkness peeks
And I wonder if I should
Knowing full well what I seek,
Knowing that I never could.

Because for so long...

I existed only within your existence
While you ignored my presence,
I became a ghost of my subsistence,
Never noticing my absence.

It’s 3am, the night’s rolled in
I lay covered in its shroud.
I close my eyes, but still sleep evades
As memories scream silent, yet aloud
Of how our tangled life’s charade
Had deceived the surrounding crowd.

Strange they didn’t notice...

I existed only within your existence
That you ignored my presence,
I became a ghost of my subsistence.
And they never missed my absence.

The dark nights pass, into days, then weeks,
Exceeding years that interweave
I turn around twice and realize
How with the heart the mind deceives
To warranting wanton fears
Into twisted beds of lies.

And now...

I exist only within my own existence
While I revel in your absence
And my ghost consents with no resistance
To the veracity of my essence.

The door opens wide, I’m myself again
And this time—it’s for good.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice, I like your poetry very deep.

Unknown said...

Very nice, I like your poetry, very deep and articulate. I have bookmarked your site.