Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Slaying the Dragons

Rise above your past,
Give it up, let it go;
It's time to slay those dragons.

There is nothing wrong with you.
You are an artist, a musician, a writer.
Stand proud with these God-given gifts.
Embrace those people He has put on your path
As family who love you, and care without conditions.

Stop trying to squeeze into society's square boxes.
You will only burst through their barriers;
For they cannot constrain your truth.
Drop the facade of the person you pretend to be,
And be the person we both know you are.

Reinforce your armor with these words.
With a battle cry, unsheathe your sword;
It's time to slay those dragons.

2 comments:

Francene Carroll said...

Oh wow, think I'm going to stick this on my wall and read it whenever I start to doubt myself. Thanks for the twitter & blog follow Yvonne!

Mike Mehalek said...

I particularly liked this one!!!!