Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Love Unrequited


Spinning,
Turning,
Twisting,
Weaving...
Like a spider’s web it spreads.

Drowning,
Choking,
Barely seeing...
There’s no room left in my head.

I don’t know why so many crave
This turmoil that I feel inside.
I am trying to be brave
But I’d feel safer just to hide.

Wanting,
Needing,
Craving,
Feeling...
You surround me then you’re gone.

Hoping,
Praying,
Always knowing...
I can never be the one.

And I knew you never loved me
Yet you needed to be near.
The pain I feel is but my fee
For saying words you had to hear.

Breaking,
Splitting,
Crushing,
Beating...
My heart goes on inside my chest.

Trying,
Changing,
Never lying...
All for you I did my best.

Love unrequited, months to years
Starves the life, then chokes the soul
Instead of clinging to all my fears
Leaving should have been my goal.

No comments: