Friday, August 10, 2012

Weekend Plans

I am dogsitting this weekend. Macy, a white standard poodle, has stayed with me quite a few times since her puppyhood, (she is three-years-old now) yet it always takes a day for Miss Kitty and I to acclimate ourselves to having a dog in the house. I forewarn Miss Kitty by putting her food dishes in the bathroom where Macy cannot get to them and gobble up her food. However, Macy is really  no bother to have around, and she is company for my walks.

At present, I have two projects in the works. One is a new quilt project for the series, and the other is a table I am decorating. I have changed my mind on the table design a couple of times, but now I think I have settled on what I am going to do with it. I found some wall papers at a garage sale for a mere $1.00 a roll that are perfect for the colors I want to use. The design is complete for the quilt project and I have the colors picked out, so now it is just a matter of cutting the papers to fit the design. I must admit that I have not touched on these projects much in the past week. However I have re-organized my work space which was a mammoth job as I moved everything from the spare room to the kitchen. I gave away the portable dishwasher in the process as I never use it anymore now that I live alone which means it takes a week and a half to fill it enough to turn it on. Of course, by this time I have run out of clean dishes to use and I end up washing various pieces by hand. Anyway, I like washing dishes as I usually find myself lost in thought and come up with new ideas for writing, (particularly poetry) and projects. It's kind of a "wax on, wax off" sort of thing.

I want to start a new section for this blog that focuses on my writing other than poetry. I am writing two books. One is a fantasy story and the other is non-fiction. I was stuck on the direction in which to take the fantasy story, but after watching several episodes of "Doctor Who" this week my story seemed to begin to knit some of its pieces together. Finding my way through to my own writing through other's media such as TV series, movies, books, music, or even simple conversation happens to me quite a bit. Not that I take other's ideas or that I am not paying attention to the other person or media, but all of a sudden things begin to come together in my head as to where I should take my stories.  Poetry doesn't always work the same way, but sometimes it does. Usually, when I write poetry an idea sparks and then my head spits out a line and then another, and then all of a sudden I am piecing these lines together to form a poem. But I can get stuck as to where a poem should go or is going, as well. Then I find it's best to leave it alone until a later time.

Okay, now I think I am rambling and have lost the purpose of the title of this blog. So essentially my weekend plans involve enjoying Macy's company and writing. Yet, you never know what other adventures the days ahead may bring, and that, I think, is the most exciting part of life: stepping into the days without knowing where they will take you...

I wish you all great days ahead, and thank you for reading! - Yvonne



 

1 comment:

ManicScribbler said...

I don't know if I'm just a nosy person, but I really enjoy glimpses like this into other people's lives.

I hope Miss Kitty tolerated Macy's visit and wish you well with your various projects. I'm especially fascinated by your table design, and, of course, your fantasy story. Good luck.
Lyn