Thursday, September 06, 2012

Today is One of Those Days

Today is one of those days
I don't feel like doing much.
Too many thoughts scattered
Like little bits of scrap paper
That need sorting to piles
First by color,
Then by shape,
Then by size
Until ithey all come together
In lines and rows 
To allow me to know
Where to go, and
What to do
With the blank pages
That stretch before me.

Yes, today is one of those days
That I won't do much
Except sit back and resist
The urge to force
My thoughts into order.
 Rather, I will allow them
To sift and stir alone.
Until tomorrow when,
Without much thought,
Or need of coaxing,
They will present to me
The wonderful gift of clarity.




2 comments:

Denise Moncrief said...

Wonderful poem! Sometimes I need a day to let all the pieces fall just so I'll know what they all are! Some days have to be chaos days, so I can pull order from chaos. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Unknown said...

This is a poem I can certainly relate to! It's beautiful and thank you for sharing!

Keep them coming!